If you need a lo-pro scale for your industrial business, have you considered the benefits of renting vs. buying one in Montana? Depending on your specific needs, budget and other factors, you could be better off renting. Here’s how to decide whether buying or renting is the right choice for your business.
Advantages of renting a scale
Not sure whether making a lo-pro scale purchase is the right move for your company? Here are some of the benefits of renting:
- Reduce your upfront costs: One of the best reasons to rent a scale instead of buying one is the lower price tag. If your business is new, or you’re branching out into a new type of industry, renting can be a great interim solution. It gives you the chance to try out the scale, consider whether it meets your needs and see whether your new venture is sustainable.
- Get your short-term or seasonal needs met: Some industries only need scales for a certain period of time. Why invest in an expensive, bulky scale when you’re only going to use it a few months out of the year? Save yourself the hassle and expense by renting a scale instead. This is also an excellent solution if you find yourself in need of a bigger or higher-capacity scale. For example, sometimes bumper crops can overload your normal scale’s capacity, so bringing in another for a short period of time is quite helpful.
- Maintenance is included: Depending on how often you use your scale, maintenance can suck up a significant portion of your time. When you rent a scale, maintenance is included. You won’t need to worry about unexpected repair costs or devoting a lot of year-round time to maintaining it.
- No need to worry about surprise replacements: Finally, you might need a new, extra or higher-capacity scale—but your budget may not allow for it at the moment. Renting a scale allows you to meet your business’s needs without the unexpected costs of buying an entirely new scale.
Advantages of purchasing a scale
Renting is a great option in many cases. However, there are times where it simply makes more sense to purchase a scale outright:
- Better availability: Renting a scale means that you’re subject to the rental company’s stock, hours and appointment times. When your business is in its busy season, that may not be conducive to getting the job done. Buying your own scale means it’s always available when you need it.
- Long-term cost savings: Renting is a good short-term option, but if you intend to use your scale for months, years or even decades, buying is the better choice. Buying your scale will save you money in the long term, even if the upfront costs are higher.
- Complete control: Finally, owning your own scale means you won’t be subjected to the rental company’s rules and requirements. You will be solely in charge of how the scale is used, when and for what.
Whether you’re interested in <a href=”/for-sale-or-rent/” title=”learn more about scales”>renting vs. buying a lo-pro scale in Montana</a>, Rockwell Scales can help. Call us today to learn more.
Categorised in: Scales
This post was written by admin