All About Portable Truck ScalesApril 4, 2018 10:23 pm Leave your thoughts
It’s extremely important to keep a current and up-to-date record of the weight of your truck at any given time. If you inadvertently overload or underload your vehicle, you may be more likely to lose control of your vehicle or experience other difficulties while driving. Additionally, you will be more prepared to take on challenging road conditions, and you will be able to ensure that your vehicle is weighed accurately at weigh stations. Investing in portable truck scales in Montana can help you make the most of your driving experience.
Scales are key part of the logistics industry, which heavily relies on weights and measurements for a wide range of purposes, including both billing and safety. Keeping a portable truck scale in your vehicle can help you stay on top of industry standards.
There are two primary types of portable truck scales in Montana: portable axle scales and portable wheel weighers. Each system carries its own benefits and drawbacks.
Benefits of portable axle scales
Here are just a few of the benefits associated with portable axle scales in Montana:
- Easy to use: The portable axle scale is easy to use, and requires no special training. Most models can be used after a quick read-through of the unit’s instruction manual. They also require almost no setup.
- Easy to carry: Axle scales are extremely compact and easy to carry. This means that they are ideally suited for truckers who are traveling alone. They are also easy to move from one location to another.
- Built-in overload protection: These portable truck scales in Montana feature built-in overload protection, meaning that they are difficult to damage, even when sustaining too much weight.
- Minimal storage space: The compact nature of portable axle scales means that they are easy to store within your truck’s cabin or locked areas. They are extremely compact and stackable.
Benefits of portable wheel weighers
Portable wheel weighers, on the other hand, have their own unique set of benefits, including:
- Extremely light: Most portable wheel weighers are made from aluminum, meaning that they tend to be lighter than portable axle scales.
- Durable construction: Because they are made from a waterproof material, portable wheel weighers can be used even on wet roads and during severe weather events.
- Linkable system: You can plug your portable wheel weighers into other systems that measure the health and load capacity of your truck.
- Battery operated: If you frequently travel through remote areas, portable wheel weighers can operate on battery power.
Since 1980, Rockwell Scales has been the premier provider of portable truck scales in Montana. We are proud to provide each and every one of our customers and clients with high-quality weight measurement devices that ensure they receive the most accurate possible readouts. Rockwell Scales is a full-service operation offering sales, installations, repairs and more. We even build specialized custom scales!
If you are looking to maximize your trucking efficiency and stay on top of the latest safety trends, reach out to one of our friendly and knowledgeable representatives today to learn more about how we can help you select a portable truck scale that meets your needs.
Categorised in: Truck Scales
This post was written by Writer