A truck scale is an invaluable component of your business operations. Without an accurate scale, you could be losing thousands of dollars each year. But a truck scale on its own is nothing without high-quality accessories to go with it. Continue reading to learn a bit more about buying and considering scale accessories:
- Indicators: There’s no point in driving a truck up onto a scale if you don’t get an accurate readout of the weight. Buy an indicator from a reputable brand and have it inspected periodically to ensure accuracy.
- Displays: Mounting a secondary display on a wall or somewhere near the front of the truck makes viewing the truck’s weight much more convenient. Just be sure the display’s readout is large and easy to see from a distance.
- Printers: A physical printout of the weight is typically a necessary part of weighing a truck. If it’s located outside, ensure your ticket printer is waterproof and capable of handling whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
- Automated ticketing: Thanks to advances in technology, ticketing machines no longer require an attendant to print out a ticket. Just like with an indicator, be sure to inspect the automated ticketing machine to make sure it’s consistently printing the correct weight.
- Guide rails: Even for seasoned pros, driving a massive truck onto a scale isn’t easy. Guide rails are great truck scale accessories because they make it easier for drivers to see where they’re going and can help prevent accidents.
- Stoplights: Where should the driver stop on the scale? It’s hard to tell without a stoplight! Stoplights should be installed high enough for a driver to see them from the cab.
- Bill acceptors: Automation also allows you to collect any necessary payments without the need for an on-site attendant. Updated units can also accept debit or credit cards instead of just cash.
- Solar panels: The best way to power your truck scale is via solar power. Solar panels aren’t always cheap to install, but they pay for themselves over time due to their longevity and lower energy bills.
Be sure to buy your accessories from Rockwell Scales
The next time you’re considering scale accessories, be sure to buy your products from Rockwell Scales. Here are a few reasons to shop with us:
- High-quality products: When you buy your accessories from us, you can rest easy knowing you’re getting the best name-brand products. Our accessories are built to last, so you’ll never worry about losing money due to broken machinery.
- Expert advice: Knowing which accessories you need isn’t easy. Our pros are here to point you in the right direction to ensure you get just what your operation requires.
- Free quotes: In addition to our competitive prices, we also provide free estimates for all of our accessories and installation costs. There’s also no obligation, so there’s no harm in at least calling to see what we can do for you.
The choice is clear the next time you need truck scale accessories—come to Rockwell Scales. Contact us today to see what our team can do for you.
Categorised in: Truck Scale Accessories
This post was written by Writer