Portable truck scales are used in a variety of industries, including farming, livestock, transportation, shipping, construction and more. Thanks to advancements in technology, truck scales have been developed for a number of situations, including unstable or uneven terrain. Their durability, accuracy and reliability make them a crucial part of everyday business. If you’re thinking about getting your own portable truck scales, read on—here are the biggest benefits and most important information you need to know.
How portable truck scales work
Portable truck scales aren’t too different from traditional, permanent scales. They have a low profile and ramps on either side, which make them easy to drive on and off. The load cell is in the middle of the scale, in the core of the surface, which weighs the truck and sends the data to a remote terminal.
The load cells are placed in a particularly durable casing, which allows them to accurately weigh even the heaviest loads. Keep in mind that you will need to weigh each axle of the truck on its own, then add the measurements together and subtract the weight of the empty truck. While this takes a little more time and effort than permanent scales, the convenience portable truck scales offer often outweighs the drawbacks.
Benefits of portable truck scales
Here’s a closer look at some of the main benefits associated with the use of portable truck scales:
- Durable and long-lasting: Portable truck scales are designed to be rugged and durable. You can take them with you and use them anywhere—and your measurements will be every bit as accurate as those on traditional scales. They’re made to last, no matter how many trips they go on.
- Accurate even on the go: Your scale is guaranteed to be as accurate as a permanent scale. Some of the more advanced systems also offer overload protection.
- Easy to assemble and use: Setting up your portable truck scale is a breeze, which means it shouldn’t be any hardship to get accurate measurements whenever you need them. You can easily assemble, use, disassemble and store your scales wherever you are.
- Compact design: Since portable scales are designed to be easily transported, they take up very little room in your storage facilities.
- Optional ramps: Your scale can be ordered with optional ramps, making it even easier to weigh your truck.
- Can weigh while moving: Some scales offer the ability to weigh a truck while it moves at 3 mph or less, making the weighing process a lot simpler and faster.
No matter which state you’re measuring in, your portable scale will guarantee that you’re compliant with all local and federal weight regulations. Their easy-to-use assembly and user interface make them an obvious choice for a number of different industries.
Whatever your truck scale needs, Rockwell Scales can help. We offer scales suitable for trucks, livestock, mining and more. Call us today for more portable truck scale information, or to have our friendly team help you decide which scale is right for you.
Categorised in: Truck Scales
This post was written by Writer